4.22.2009

16 Weeks / Four Months

It just so happens that I am craving avocados right now at this very moment! Not much new to report except that I think one of the pumpkins has positioned itself on my bladder making bathroom trips even more frequent.

My love is going on a trip to visit his Father in Mexico next week. I am nervous about him leaving, not sure why. Please say a little prayer that all goes well and he returns home safe and sound. We haven't been apart for that long in ten years (the last time he went to Mexico) and I am NOT looking forward to it. I love that man more than I can ever explain and will miss him so much while he is away.

May 5th marks our next appointment which brings me back to last May 5th. It was spent in the ER discovering that I was having a miscarriage and a huge ball of emotions. I pray this May 5th turns out better than the last.

If you have a minute please pop onto http://in2mesee.blogspot.com/ and give Polly a big congrats and a special prayer. For those of you who don't know... Polly holds a special place in my heart. I owe a lot to her, we met on FF and she referred me to the study program, which didn't lead to the pumpkins, but led to the doctor and the path that brought us right here. Thank you so much Polly, I am so happy for you and am praying for you and your little one(s) often. *Hug*

I will be updating the tickers on the right to reflect a twin pregnancy due date. The OB won't allow me to go past Sept. 23rd, so I will use that as the new due date, although technically the new due date is Sept. 16th, which is 37 weeks and full term for twins. I just pray we make it until at least September 1st.

Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender. http://www.thebump.com/

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop. http://www.babycenter.com/

2 comments:

twondra said...

Wow! Can't believe how fast time is going!!

I will pop over to the blog now.

twondra said...

For some reason my computer freezes up when I try to leave a comment at her blog....but I'll keep trying. Just didn't want you to think I wasn't true on my word. :)