While thumbing through bills after work on Friday I came across a bill from a place I hadn't seen in awhile (thank goodness). I remember receiving MANY bills from this place over the last couple of years and each time fear would rush through my body as I opened it. This time was no different. I couldn't imagine what they would be sending me, but there it was. "Storage fee for frozen embryos, $550". Just when I was sort of coming to grips with the fact that the boys might just be my one and only pregnancy all sorts of emotions came rushing in. To pay or not to pay? If we don't pay what do we do with them?
I put the bill aside and have yet to pay it. Gabe and I talked a little and quickly agreed that we would pay it for this year and then discuss it again next year. Next time the bill comes the boys will be 18 months old and a little over two years old if it actually worked and baby #3 came. Or we could wait two years and the would be 2 1/2 and three when baby sister came, hehe.
We are truly still on the fence. Do I want another baby YES! But can we afford another baby, a Nanny while I am on bedrest for four months, childcare for three kids, and medical expenses... NO, DOUBLE TRIPLE NO NO NO!
So, here is the plan.. we will try like heck to start putting some money away for the next couple of years for a Nanny, transfer costs, and one years medical deductible. If in a couple years we have saved a good amount and things seem right we might go ahead with a transfer, if not we will decide then what to do. It is FAR too soon to make any sort of hasty decision right now, and hey who knows maybe we will get pregnant the way most people do, could you imagine that?
So, our possible future children will have pre-paid childcare paid for soon. I am going to call the clinic and see if they will allow me to break up the bill into three payments, they have always been pretty good about that.
18 hours ago