8.28.2009

Five Years

What a long and winding road it has been. Five years ago today I married the love of my life and we embarked on a new chapter. I love you Gabe, thank you for making all my dreams come true and being my rock. Wow, I can't believe it has been five whole years!

Our day was not everything I had always dreamt of when I was a little girl, money was tight (we had just bought our first house), but we managed to have a beautiful wedding for around $4,000, and most importantly we had a good time and didn't go into debt doing it. The wedding included 120 guests and a fantastic dinner. It was a day I will never forget. Looking back I wouldn't have it any other way, I am so glad we didn't go crazy over board, because we have great memories and great pictures. Pictures, memories, and love are what last a lifetime, however I really wish we would have splurged for a honeymoon. Since we didn't take a honeymoon, each anniversary we have gone on weekend getaways. Those weekend getaways where it was just the two of us have been some of my favorite memories. We won't be doing a weekend getaway this year, but I will say it is still a VERY memorable anniversary.














5 comments:

Mama Tina said...

AWWWWWW I love it!!!! Thanks for sharing this day ...again :) And yes, it's so hard to believe it's been five years.

Hoping for many, many, many more happy years for you two....Whoops correction...four!!!

Love you....mean it

BB said...

Aaw... those are some beautiful pics! Happy Anniversay! :)

twondra said...

Love the pictures! Congrats!!!

H0TG33K said...

Yesterday (your anniversary) we bought two onesies for your boys. I know I know, its YOUR anniversary but they were too cute to pass up. I am planning on just bringing them down on our trip, they better not grow to fast. Haha. JK. we love you both..as always and you two have come sooo sooo far!!!!

Ryan said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! Also, the video you posted the other day was so amazing - I started crying! I hope you are doing well! You all are never far from my thoughts!