5.31.2009

I Called the On Call Doctor

Yup, I broke down and did it. In the beginning of my pregnancy (when I had some bleeding issues) I called a couple of times, but since then I have been pretty good about not bugging. Well finally yesterday I decided to do it. I think I just needed someone to tell me it was okay.

I had been having some different pains/aches, and cramping/tightening. To the point where I was afraid maybe they were contractions. And YES maybe googling pre-term labor symptoms, might now be making me feel things I don't really feel (damn Internet might be making me a hypochondriac.) I think the biggest part of the problem is that I don't know what a contraction feels like and I am not 100% sure what to watch for. The Peri says I am watching for a large fluid gush or bleeding, well what the heck.... shouldn't I be watching for things before that happens? Some people say that with contractions, "I will just know" and that it hurts like hell, while some of the books say otherwise. Some even say it is just a crampy feeling and mild abdominal cramping. I am so confused. What the heck does it feel like?

I can say calling helped a little, but not 100%. He told me that he suspected that it was just the boys making more muscles stretch (because holy moly they are growing fast these days) and that maybe they had positioned themselves in a spot which makes me more uncomfortable. He also offered for me to come into L&D to be monitored, but told me he was pretty sure I was fine. He told me that at any point I could go into L&D and be checked out (good to know.)

So, I didn't go... when I drink LOTS of water it feels better. So I have been loading up on the water (and might as well just stay in the bathroom) and the OB and I agreed that we would go over all kinds of stuff and have a thorough exam on Tuesday at my appointment. He even said that we could look into a contraction monitor at home. But believe me, now that the L&D option is open I am sure I will be going in at some point. These boys mean everything to me and I am not just going to ignore the little stuff, which could potentially be big stuff.

17 more days until viablity for my beautiful pumpkin boys.

5 comments:

Christina said...

The best way for me to describe what my BH contractions felt like, was my uterus tightening up, like it was being squeezed. I could actually feel them happening. It is hard to explain. But honestly, the night I had them, I just felt "off." I was really, really hot, having contractions every 3 minutes, just felt off. I wish you didn't have to spend your pregnancy worrying about every pain, every cramp. But I did too. I spend it all wondering, googling stuff, freaking out something was going to happen. But I made it, and you will too. Hang in there!!

Fullers1006 said...

Glad you were able to talk to the Dr. I remember when I was pregnant I would have these TERRIBLE cramps and I was SURE they were contractions and I was going to lose the baby... They wound up being round ligament pain. I would lay on my side and it would get better.. I hope you feel better! Keep Resting and everything will be fine :-)

juliane2004 said...

Are you 21w4d or 23w4d??? Your two tickers say different things, and I'm not sure which is correct...

Tiffany said...

I am 21w4d, but with the twins they will only allow me to go to 38 weeks, So the countdown reflects that.

juliane2004 said...

Ohhhhh ok. The baby ticker said 23w4d "so far", instead of the number of weeks "to go".