10.21.2008

Crushed

Crushed, very very crushed. Out of 26 follicles, 20 were empty and 6 eggs were retrieved. I am angry, hurt, and just plain upset. Last time this happened we were told it was a fluke and a problem with the trigger shot. This time, it was no longer a fluke. The RE called it ovarian dysfunction. Huh, I finally have a name to my problem. The worst news, there is no way to fix the problem or to know what is inside those follicles without actually going in during the egg retrieval.

Great. Just great. Our only shot for a VERY VERY long while due to funds and this is what happens. I know.. I know... we do have 6, but I am crushed and VERY broken. I wanted the best odds and the option to freeze some. We were able to do ICSI to better the fertilization rate so we will see what happens tomorrow.

Please please please pray for 100% fertilization for the 6 eggs, 100% fertilization would be ideal in this situation.

I want so bad to be hopeful, but I have been through so much that hasn't gone my way, and right now I am just hurting.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Shit, what the f*?

Just when a person thinks they are in the clear, another curve ball is thrown our way.

I'm praying for you that all 6 are fertilized. I know it's an overly used cliche but.... it does only take one.

Niki said...

I don't blame you for being upset! That just plain sucks! I will keep all of my crossable crossed that those 6 are the best of the best and that you are pleasantly surprised tomorrow!

Ryan said...

Oh, Tiff!! I am so, so sorry. I am praying, praying, praying that all 6 fertilize and produce great embies. I hope the ICSI increases the odds.

Anonymous said...

You know I am here for you every step of the way and I know you don't want to talk right now. I know 6 is not the number you were looking for. But Tiffany you have 6 right now,you have to be hopefull, you have to be positive. Yesterday you didnt have any , I know there may not be 6 tomorrow,but remember Beanie put in 3 and got 3. As you said a week or so in your blog its not the amount it how good they are...keep your hopes high baby girl. I love you!

Polly Gamwich said...

Oh Tiffany, I'm so sorry, I can't believe there were only 6 eggs out of 26 follicles. That just doesn't make sense!

I HATE, HATE, HATE empty (sticky) follicles.

I will definitely pray for you. I'm sorry this is happening.

twondra said...

Oh, sweetie, I'm crying for you. I know how hard it is to get devastating news and how lonely it is.

I'll definitely pray for those eggs. If you ever need to talk, e-mail me anytime.