6.14.2009

3 days and a Sunburn

Yes that right!!!! Only 3 more days until viability for the boys. We SO got this!

You might ask how one gets a sunburn on bedrest... that's simple... I bedrested (yes, I know that is not a word) outside yesterday. Who knew my pale self could burn that fast. That is NOT like me. Normally I have at least a small tan this time of year, but being this was my first time outside all week that could explain why my skin is so pale and I burned so fast.

My Step-Dad and Hub-Bub spent the day building us a storage shed and game room in the back yard. See when we bought this house it had a carport in the backyard, why... we are not sure, but we decided to enclose it and make half of it a storage shed and the other half a game room, or Gabe's get away room. A room for Gabe's Raider stuff, video games, a dart board etc. It may very well be my sanity during football season. Check it out...
A baby girl in the crib, NOT a good idea. We need to break this habit VERY fast.
Before



The split

Play time for the four legged boys, thank goodness. Thanks Elianna!

Hub-Bub working hard showing off the window

Four legged boys working hard
Me working hard as well

Coming along
The doors and window
The start of the siding
It is coming along well, I will post more as it progresses. We plan to paint it the color of the trim on our house, but who knows when that will happen. For now the storage shed, is most important. These boys need lots of "stuff."

6 comments:

Jess said...

It's in the bag! Praise God for viability! How funny (not that your burned) but that you got burned on bedrest! Your going to need sunscreen next time! :)

Our current house had a garage and carport and they converted the garage into an extra living room which my husband uses to play xbox...I love it! I love that my husband has a room to play in (aren't they like little kids sometimes?) I can't wait to see the finish product!

Jess said...

I wrote you back on my blog but if your like me, you'll never know, lol! Metformin doesn't bother me at all, my friend said it bothered her and she is on the ER...I must be tolerant to it or something...even clomid doesn't kick my butt. I get the occasional hot flashes, hunger, and sore BB's after I 0 but nothing else.

I love your blog because you have been there with us (I'd prefer you weren't but it isn't in my hands), you have had your share of heart ache and your journey was not short by any means but in the end you WON! You are pregnant with two little pumpkins who are 3 days short of viability-you give me so much hope, thank you!

Meant to be a mom said...

Nice job on the building guys!!
I went outside yesterday also and got sunburnt. I heard that pregnant women have a higher chance of getting sunburnt due to the higher amounts of estrogen? Not sure if its true but I got a little burnt too yesterday.

I'm so glad your almost to viability. Thats great news.

Madsen Family said...

have someone come to your house to do maternity photos!

twondra said...

Yay for viability!! Woohoo!! I'm so happy for you! And so cute you got sunburned on bedrest. :)

H0TG33K said...

So excited. IT looks good! So, I think we either need to move back, or you need to move here to give RC motivation on how to do "handy man" work. I am scared, cause our sink has a leak and he wants to "fix it". Better have the plumber number handy! LOL. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Bought you, gabe, noah and aaden a gift. Sending it tomorrow!