11.09.2011

Cream of Mushroom Soup

I used to think I was above it... I could do without it.  Why would I need this can of soup?  I will cook my kids high quality meals and never use canned anything.  Yada yada hahahaah! Well... REALITY CHECK!  I have three kids barely two and under.  YES, you should see what happens when I say that... people start calculating in their head and then say "what?"

So yes the other day at Target I grabbed that can.  I knew that it could make me a meal fast.  Well at the supermarket I scored a big tray of thin cut pork chops on sale for $3.15 and thought.. "eh!"

Well there ya have it, tonight was a little hectic so I seasoned the chops and seared them off.  I took them out and in the same pan added the dreaded soup, a bit of white wine (of course making sure to pour myself a glass), and some dijon mustard.  Then I put the chops back in and stuck them in the oven for 10 minutes.

The DH came home and my ultra domestic Mom of three self stuck one of those Trader Joes three minute rice bags in the microwave and threw together a salad.

Wouldn't ya know it, my short cut meal got a DH compliment and the kids ate it, and WELL I was slightly impressed to.  Darn you cream of mushroom soup and your evilness. Dinner for 4 for $5.00.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this, isn't real life grand. Love reading your stories and so happy for you. Love Aunt Theresa