Oh my how I need to vent. I am now in this funk I just can't get out of. I am angry and nervous and ANGRY, and MAD, and sad, and MAD.
Remember when I said I was still bleeding? Well it is NOT a birth control problem. They found some sort of something on my ultrasound yesterday. Yes, I finally got an ultrasound. In December 2009 I had TWO appointments scheduled for ultrasounds to check why I was still bleeding and BOTH times my OBGYN's office cancelled on me.
Finally on December 29th I got in and my OBGYN assured me it was just the low dose pills I was on for breastfeeding so he switched them to Yaz. Then three weeks ago I went in again and AGAIN he switched my pills. Yesterday I got in to a different doctor and he too didn't want to do an ultrasound, he instead suggested I switch to the Nuva-Ring, but I insisted on an ultrasound. He got me an appointment for one March 1st, but knew I was unhappy with that so was able to squeeze me in for one right then. (On a side note it was cool having the boys next to me in the room I used to see them on the screen in every week.) So Bam... immediately he spotted something! While it would be rare that it is anything more than something left over from the pregnancy he still had to warn me that it could possibly be something more. Nice, oh so nice.
Why am I mad? Because they didn't catch this sooner! Why am I sad? Because I don't want to go through this! Why am I angry? Because I now have a $4,000 deductible and had we taken care of this last year I wouldn't have paid anything!
The surgery coordinator called yesterday and I started crying when she was talking about the procedure and the costs, it will surely be over the $4,000. She felt really bad because she remembered cancelling my appointment in December. So, after another talk with the doctor we decided to go a different route to try to save some money. Tonight I will be taking pills which contract my uterus. I have taken these twice before after my two miscarriages. I am praying so hard that these do the trick and I will not have to go through anything further. I am not looking forward to tonight as I recall it being pretty painful.
If the pills do NOT work he gave me another option of doing just a D&C in the office vs. a Hysteroscopy D&C in the hospital. This option would save a lot of money, however I would be under NO anesthesia and they would not be using a camera. So, there we are, I am pretty sure I will opt for the in office procedure, you have NO idea how tight money is right now. I will also be talking to the financial coordinator today to see if we qualify for any of the financial programs, hopefully she gives me some news so we can do the procedure the right way in the hospital. Please say a little prayer that the pills are able to get what ever this is out so I don't have to go through much more. What can I expect from a D&C? Will I be able to take care of the boys and go right back to work? The coordinator said allow three days down time, but I am wondering what you all thought?
1 day ago